MTC RFID Pedestals are a loss prevention system based on RFID UHF. It comprises a pedestal with two antennas, an embedded reader, controller and alarm combining EAS and RFID functions in one system.
RFID Pedestals detect the tagged items that pass between the pedestals, verifies if those items have been paid, and triggers an acoustic and/or visual alarm if any item has not been paid.
RFID Pedestals can use four configurations for checking if a tagged item has been paid:
• Checks the EAS bit of NXP chips
• Checks if the EPC code includes a pre-defined pattern that signals that the product has or not been paid
• Checks against the POS database if the product has been paid
• Checks bulk theft: trigger an alarm if a certain number of tags belonging to the same category are read in a certain time period (e.g. a few seconds).
RFID Pedestals comprises a master unit and a slave unit:
• The master unit has an integrated reader, a controller, an alarm, a visual alarm indicator and two directive antennas.
• The slave unit comprises two directive antennas.